These recipes are for those looking to make savory meals but don’t want to compromise their health. Opting healthy veg meals over processed one is a good step towards a healthy lifestyle. You can enjoy these meals without worry about your health.
Here are some healthy vegan recipes. Enjoy.
1. Vegan Burrito Bowls
- Warm some oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook, stir for few minutes till fragrant. Add water with some salt. Cover and simmer on low heat for few minutes.
- Warm some oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add water, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a simmer and reduce most of the liquids while stirring. Add salt to taste.
- Mix avocados and lime juice in a bowl. Divide rice for four dishes. Add bean mixture, corn, tomatoes, and avocados. Serve with garnishes and chips, if desired.
2. Avocado and Marinated Zucchini Veggie Sandwich
- Mix hummus, lemon juice, half of the avocado slices, and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a food processor until smooth. Spread hummus mixture on bread slices evenly.
- Drizzle zucchini with oil, and evenly sprinkle oregano and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Layer bread slice with lettuce, zucchini, bell peppers, roasted red pepper, avocado slices, red onion, and tomato slices. Top with another bread slice. Cut in sandwich half, and serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap, and chill, up to 2 days.
3. Summer Veggie Salad
This is one of the tastiest and healthy vegan recipes, among others.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Coat mushrooms, onion, corn, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash with cooking spray. Arrange the vegetables on grill rack. Grill each side until tender.
- Mix oil and remaining ingredients with some black pepper in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. Add corn to oil mixture. Cut remaining veggies till bite-size; add to oil mixture. Toss gently to mix. Top with cheese and pine nuts.
4. Cauliflower Masala with Tofu
This is one of the spicy but healthy vegan recipes, among others.
- In a small bowl, mix garam masala and coconut milk.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat till very hot; coat skillet by swirling. Add half of cauliflower and half of onion; cook undisturbed, then stir-fry for a minute. Transfer to a plate. Add oil; repeat with remaining halves.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño to skillet. Stir-fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add spices and salt, stirring, some water, cauliflower, onion to skillet. Add tofu. Cover and steam for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add peas and coconut milk mixture. Stir-fry until fully heated. Add cilantro. Serve with warm naan and lime wedges, if desired.
5. Vegan Chipotle Nachos
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper, chopped onion, and crumbles; cook while stirring rarely.
- Take a chile and some sauce from can; reserve remaining chiles and sauce.
- Chop and add chile, sauce, beans, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer on low heat. Remove heat; add cilantro. Arrange chips in plates. Top with bean mixture, lettuce, avocado, onion, cheese, and sour cream.
Be sure to try these delicious and healthy vegan recipes.