Appetizers are like warm-up exercises for your stomach before the actual meal. These small meals are an excellent choice for snacking. You can also try them if you’re looking to impress your guests. The taste and ease of these recipes will leave you wanting more.
Here are some vegan appetizers for you to try.
1. Red Pepper Hummus
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half by length; take out seeds and skin. Place cut peppers, skin sides up, on a foiled baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil until blackened. Place in a zip-lock bag; seal. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Peel.
- Place bell pepper, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, and black pepper (ground) in a food processor; continue until smooth.
2. Spinach-And-Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine vegan mozzarella, vegan sour cream, vegan cream cheese, some vegan parmesan, garlic (crushed), spinach and artichoke hearts in a large bowl; stir until well mixed.
- Spoon small portions of the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining vegan mozzarella and vegan parmesan. Bake until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.
3. Vegan Tzatziki
- Dry cucumber with paper towels.
- Combine cucumber, Vegan Greek yogurt, fresh mint (chopped), minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; cover and chill 1 hour. That’s it; you have your vegan appetizers ready.
4. Spicy Stir-Fried Mushroom Bruschetta
- Heat oil, cumin, and chile in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sauté until cumin begins to darken.
- Add ginger to pan; toss. Add red onion and fenugreek; sauté until onion is soft. Add salt and jalapeño; sauté until onion is tender and begins to brown.
- Add coriander, red pepper, and minced garlic; sauté. Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates. Add tomato, tomato sauce, cilantro, and Garam Masala; bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with slices of bread.
This recipe is one of the spicy vegan appetizers on the list.
5. Grilled Pepper Poppers
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine Vegan goat cheese, Vegan cream cheese, Vegan parmesan, tomatoes (chopped), green onion (sliced), fresh sage and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Spoon the cheese blend into each pepper half.
- Place pepper halves, Vegan cheese side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill peppers until bottoms of peppers char and cheese mixture light brown. Carefully place peppers on a serving platter. Top with cilantro.
6. Artichokes With Roasted Garlic-Wine Dip
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove the white papery skin from garlic heads. Wrap each head separately in foil — Bake at 400° for 45 minutes; cool. Separate the cloves; squeeze to take out garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Remove stems of artichokes and bottom leaves. Slightly trim the tops of artichokes. Place them, stem ends down, in a large oven filled two-thirds with water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat until a leaf near the center of each artichoke comes off easily. Remove from the pan.
- Combine wine in a small saucepan and half of the garlic pulp; Boil — Cook a few minutes. Add broth; reduce to 1/2 cup. Remove the heat; add butter and salt. Place mixture in a food processor; add remaining garlic pulp. Allow the steam to escape; close lid on blender safely. Place a clean towel on the opening of blender lid. Blend until smooth. Top dip with parsley, if desired. Serve dip with warm artichokes.
Be sure to try these vegan appetizers.